Don’t take it off the market!
There are lots of people currently looking for houses and with limited inventory, they are going fast. Now more than ever, people have more time to be looking at homes, and they will be. Some buyers, for various reasons, may have stopped their search, so that means any of the buyers who are still looking are SERIOUS buyers. Rates are low and lenders are urging buyers to take advantage of the lower rates right now.
Here are some TIPS for keeping your home safe and clean while you open it up to potential buyers:
- Offer limited showing blocks and don’t allow more than one buyer in at a time. There’s a way in our ShowingTime appointment center to not overlap showings, meaning appointments can only be scheduled in 30-60 minute time-blocks. And if you’re concerned about where you will go during the showings, just have appointments available for a specific time period during the day so you can have a plan where you’ll spend your time away from home.
- Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer by the front door and wipe and spray down doorknobs, light switches, faucets, and any other surfaces frequently handled by multiple people.
- Your agent can provide booties for potential buyers to wear or better yet, suggest buyers remove their shoes before entering your home.
The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) recommends a few ways to reduce the virus’s spread:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water. Wash for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, and nose.
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Put about six feet of distance between yourself and other people.
Remember, we are all in this together and want your home-selling process to go smoothly and safely.